Translating desire and ideas into action is sometimes really easy. Sometimes it just flows. Sometimes things just fall into place, as if an invisible hand is guiding it.
And then there is this attempted blog. Fail.
Despite my best intentions, life gets in the way. How so?
1. Huge ramp in work load
2. Ginormous change in living conditions (you'll see in a moment...)
3. Demands on personal time change drastically
4. Desire to be a good dad, hubba and friend
Number 2 is the biggest issue, by far. We moved out of our home in July, and planned to be in a new home by September.
It's now January. No home. Living in a nice (albeit cramped) condo - Thanks Marie! - but not LIVING, if you know the difference. And with 2 wonderful, trying, active (think coiled springs) boys - home is where the hoarse is.
So evenings are spent trying to entertain, enrich, contain, and teach our boys what's good and bad, right and wrong, up and down, without squelching their curiosity or boyness.
And, we fail at that, too, sometimes.
I think there is light at the end of the tunnel, because recently, at the new crib - Walls are up. Wiring is in. Roof is on. Windows are in. A home is taking shape:
OK, so it's not the REAL house. I'll get those up soon. :)
But over the next couple of weeks (knock, knock) I plan on putting some guys stuff down here. For instance:
1. An article on investments (and I highly recommend reading The Motley Fool website), what is good to look at before you commit money, and what as dads we can do to ensure our kids will have enough to go to college.
2. Some info on The Do's and Don'ts in building a home (this is our second, so of course, we're experts!)
3. And ramblings on Speakers, Cars (I'm biased, and I'll let you know why), Watches, Stereo Equipment, Blogs I read... a whole lot of stuff.
So bear with me, and join me. I think this could be fun. I sure hope it will be interesting!