Thursday, January 27, 2011

What Superhero are you?

I admit it.  I was a comic book junkie during my formative years as a pre-teen.

I remember spending a lot of the money I earned working at the Rochester, NY Public Market on Saturday mornings, on comics.  My brother Joe and I were (and I still am) Marvel Comics fans.

Being the younger brother, I got second choice on titles.  Joe got X-Men, I got Avengers, and so on.  It worked well - and we ended up usually reading each others comics anyway.

But my favorite then, and still now, is Captain America


Image from Marvel.com

He didn't have mutant super powers.  He didn't have X-Ray vision.  He was soldier given Super Serum, with a tough as nails shield.  He was stronger than most, muscular like few, and of single minded purpose.  And that's what I found most compelling.

If you look over ----> you'll see a little about me in my Bio.  Being a first generation American, I feel a special bond with those that love the country like Cap.  This land gave my family opportunity, and the values that the US of A stands for are those that I hold most dear.

They are the same values that I try (and sometimes succeed) in teaching my 2 boys.

So, Cap has become a mascot of mine.  I get shirts, have a little figurine, even a print somewhere in the bowels of our storage unit. 

And the kids think HE is ME!  It doesn't get ANY better than that.

Image from Marvel.com

So, tell me.  What Supehero are you?


No comments:

Post a Comment